Event reveals how life-saving passive safety posts work
Visitors to a free upcoming highways event will have a rare opportunity to safely witness what happens when a high-speed vehicle collides with a sign post.
The National Passive Safety Crash Demonstration Day on July 6 will include live demonstrations of:
- A collision with a traditional steel post
- A crash with an aluminium passive post installed within the working width of a tension corrugated barrier
- A crash with an aluminium passive post supporting a variable message sign (VMS), solar panel and wind turbine assembly and a new fibre composite signal pole, complete with energised signal heads and an electrical isolation system
Hardstaff Barriers, Varley and Gulliver, Hill and Smith Barriers and Asset VRS, part of VRS Solutions Group, are among those exhibiting at the event and are supplying a number of the products involved in the demonstrations.
Featured products include Varley and Gulliver’s HiMast passive safety post, which is recognised across the industry due to its frangible design. The anti-climb posts are classified to 50, 70,100:NE:C:S:SE:MD:0 in accordance with BS EN 12767:2019.
Products on show at the exhibition include:
- Zoneguard and Zoneguard Plus
- Rebloc RB80SA, Rebloc RB84 and Rebloc RB140
- Mass with Fence, Sentrigate
- Bridge parapets
- Black Country Barrier
- Rondino Roads
- MASH Brifen
The unique event will take place at Darley Moor Motorcycle Road Racing Track, near Ashbourne, Derbyshire, DE6 2ET between 9 and 5pm.